akuhodo manufactures makeup brushes using traditional production methods.
Our efficient production methods combine the skills of various experienced craftsmen, this enables us to achieve a stable supply of the best quality makeup brushes.
This ongoing production policy has enabled us to achieve the honour of receiving the first Prime Minister's prize of Monodzukuri Japan Grand Award.
- Brush hair procurement.
- We select and import only the best quality hair from Europe and China and only the finest of these are chosen and used by us.
- Selecting the best hairs.
- All the hair is carefully combed to remove any hairs that are without tip, bent or warn and any hairs we consider to be of inferior quality.
This cxan only be done by hand and by the most experienced of craftsmen.
- Mixing hairs.
- Hairs can be evenly mixed depending on their intended use or to stabilize product quality.
- Arranging the brush head
- Hairs are put into a mold to assemble and bundle them.
We never cut hairs to shape the bristles, this helps to achieve high brush performance. We have obtained a patent for this production process.
- Inserting hairs into a ferrule
- The bristles are inserted into a ferrule and glued together tightly.
- Handle setting
- A brush head (bristles and ferrule) is fitted to a brush handle.
- Before any of our products are shipped,
we carefully inspect them individually to maintain our high standard and delivery of only the finest quality products.